Our overall activities are listed as follows.
- Translate or interpret useful information for foreigners
- Update Lounge Homepage
- Issue Lounge News
- Support/cooperate with Yokohama City University in many kind of events
- Cooperate with lounge stuff called “madoguchi” in many activities including ones described above
1. Staff called “language volunteer” translate or interpret information
through the request from “madoguchi” stuff.
2. Collect many kinds of information useful for foreigners, e.g., information necessary at entry to elementary schools
3. Update Lounge Homepage in Japanese and translate it to multiple languages as early as we can.
4. Translate Lounge News to foreign languages partially where it is necessary
5. Support/cooperate in translation of fliers to English, Chinese and Spanish
6. Collect/provide information about natural disasters in multiple languages, e.g., a handbook to mitigate or protect from disaster damages.
7. Translate school reports called “Ayumi” to requested languages
|View of the Evaluation Meeting of the English Translation Group. This is held regularly alongwith the native members。|
Activity Plan of this year
1. Issue the Lounge news by coordinating with the reception section for
editing homepage through skill improvement.
2. Provide Disaster Prevention information to Foreign students in collaboration with Japanese language Classes.
3. Support Foreign Residents in the event of a disaster in collaboration with the disaster network Team
(Attend Regular Meeting. Participate in Disaster Simulation Drills)
4. Participate and Cooperate in "Parent`s Meeting" for Foreign Residents having children. (Provide information related to Education)